Derry City and Strabane District Council
Support for Sport Fund 2017/18 Website

The Support for Sport Fund is for grants up to a maximum of £500 and £2,000. For the financial year 2017/18 only, clubs can hold one successful application.

  • There will be one round of funding in this financial year.
  • You can apply for grant aid up to a maximum of £500 or from £501 to a maximum of £2,000.
  • Overall budget allocation for the programme is £60,000. 25% of the total budget will be allocated to support applications within the £500 application limit with the remaining 75% allocated to support applications for the £2,000 strand. (Council do however reserve the right to re-profile the budget subject to demand).
  • Any one organisation can submit a maximum of 1 application requesting up to a total of £2,000 in any financial year.
  • The fund will cover project specific costs. Please note, any equipment purchased must be project linked and integral to the delivery of the sport.
  • Your Project should be something that not only benefits your club/community but also makes a real difference to people's lives, and is aligned to the Support for Sport Fund's Priorities.

There are two sections:
Section A - Registration and Pre Assessment (mandatory - your application will not be assessed without this section completed)
Section B - Application - please use the guidance notes and scoring matrix provided to help you complete the application as we require.

When applying for funding:

If you are submitting your application in a paper format Council will only accept applications on a current 2017-18 Application Form for this round of funding and the application is subject to the same deadline as the online application. For further information contact: Sports Development on (028) 7125 3253.

The Application Form is also available upon request in a number of other formats including large print, Braille, PDF, audiocassette and minority ethnic languages. For further information on alternative formats please contact: telephone (028) 7125 3253, text phone: (028) 7137 6646 or (028) 7138 1355 or email: equality@derrystrabane.com.

  • You may contact relevant Council Officers before completion of your Application.
  • Supporting Documentation is required for successful applications only. Any additional information provided will not be considered in the Assessment process.
  • Please keep a copy of your completed Application Form for your own reference.

Deadline for submission of applications

When submitting your application you should send it to:

Support for Sport Fund 2017/18
The Health & Community Directorate
Sports Development Section
Derry City and Strabane District Council
98 Strand Road
Derry / Londonderry BT48 7NN

OR

Support for Sport Fund 2017/18
The Health & Community Directorate
Sports Development Section
Derry City and Strabane District Council
47 Derry Road
Strabane BT82 8DY


Applicants are reminded that the deadline for submission of applications is 3.00 p.m. on Friday, 28th April 2017. Applicants are encouraged to submit their application early as this deadline is absolute.

If you are using post please allow extra time for it to arrive. Hand delivered application will be time and date stamped at Council Reception and a receipt issued. Council will acknowledge receipt of all applications.

Moreover, groups that carry out events/activities before receipt of a Letter of Offer do so at their own risk.

Please note that all projects will be subject to a monitoring and evaluation process.

Please read all documentation carefully before submitting your application.

Grant Status Overview
Support for Sport Fund 2017-18

Now Closed

EBA 2020 Active Awards

Now Closed

Community Support Fund 2017/18

Now Closed

Community Centre Venue Fund 17/20

Now Closed

Good Relations Fund 2017-18

Now Closed

Cultural Venues Fund 2017-18

Now Closed

Community Festivals Fund 2017-18

Now Closed

Tier 2 Festivals Fund 2017-18

Now Closed

 
Copyright 2015-2017 Derry City and Strabane District Council